The attributes of successful leaders are developed as much on the playing field as in the classroom. Athletic competition (varsity, club, and intramural) instills mental toughness, a competitive and team spirit, aggressiveness in confrontation, and the will to win. Private gift support for athletics at the Naval Academy include:
The Fund for Athletic Excellence
This initiative provides an annual stipend to the Naval Academy Athletic Association (NAAA) so that the finest student-athletes in the nation can be successfully recruited, excel in their respective sports, and develop into strong leaders. The Fund for Athletic Excellence is used to meet a wide variety of needs, including team travel expenses for post-season competition; supplemental compensation and benefits for coaches; athletic recognition programs for varsity, club and intramural sports; and Naval Academy Preparatory School (NAPS) athletic program expenses. This fund supplements NAAA revenues and the modest appropriated dollars that provide core funding for athletic programs. Read more...
The Clubs at Akerson Tower
Purchase your Clubs at Akerson Tower tickets at Navy- Marine Corps Memorial Stadium now! From dedicated outdoor seating with a perfect view of the field, to a climate controlled interior with multiple flat-screen televisions, along with a variety of complimentary food and beverage offerings, Club patrons will enjoy Navy football at its finest.
Pricing & Eligibility
- With proceeds benefiting all 33 varsity sports at the Naval Academy, the ability to purchase club seats will be limited to donors who contribute $5,000 or more annually to The Fund for Athletic Excellence or another NAAA athletic priority.
- Eligible donors will be able to purchase up to (4) club seat season tickets.
- Requests to purchase additional club seats will be considered, subject to availability.
- 2016 Club Seat Season Tickets will be $1,000 each.
- The Clubs will be open one hour before kickoff and remain open through the end of the game.
The Clubs at Akerson Tower brochure (PDF)
The Naval Academy is continually improving its athletic facilities to provide modern facilities for practice and competition. These current athletic facility projects require private gift support for renovation and/or construction:
For additional information and all other inquiries about supporting Athletic Excellence at the United States Naval Academy, please contact:
Stephen A. O'Brien, J.D.
Sr. Associate Athletics Director
Assistant Director of